Monday, July 25, 2011

One Thousand Gifts and a Thirty Day Challenge

One Thousand Gifts - a post I happened upon thanks to an old blog I used to read. The part that stands out the most is that it focuses on the gifts we HAVE rather than the gifts we want. A lesson in gratitude is always a good thing.

AND

A thirty day challenge of writing...dear diary style, nothing too terribly difficult or profound. But 30 days of commitment to my reality. Things may get emotional here for a little bit!

Day 1
A mentor's email took me off guard...sure the market is tough, but the husband and I want to go home. Taking Monkey to the ENT today, really hoping that he doesn't need tubes. The thought of having him knocked out for this procedure is enough to make tears sting my eyes. Thank goodness I have a dance class tonight to center myself...anticipating bad news is never a good plan.

No comments: